Summer - Specialty Sports/Arts Counsellor
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for supervising, monitoring, instructing program participants. Other duties may include assisting the Camp Coordinator with the delivery of the program.
To ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
Education & Experience
High School Student
Minimum of eight (8) months but less than one (1) year of related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR 'C'
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training). Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Programming skills in arts/sport games, creative play.
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth.
- Ability to operate and required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures.
- Technical skills for the appropriate program
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments.