Summer - Park Administration Coordinator
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for coordinating delivery of information within the Seasonal Recreation Wading Pool Program. The initial contact for all program inquiries from the general public, park staff, and other city departments. Maintain files/records, incident reports, process service requests.
Assists in the coordination of staff scheduling, complying program statistics/various reports.
May be responsible for staff payroll input.
Assists full time staff with the day-to-day administrative duties of the wading pool program..
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of first year College or university) or equivalent experience
- Client service environment
- More than 2 years with Parks Wading Pool Program. 1 year as a Park Supervisor or equivalent experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR Level 'C'
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training). Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Email, Databases and Scheduling
- Research methods and report writing
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to respond to emergency situation in a calm, controlled manner
- Data input skills
- Ability to use various computer programs, maintaining records and files
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous demands