Summer - Camp Counsellor
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the delivery of recreation, arts, aquatics or sports programs for preschoolers, children and youth during the summer months. The programs may take place indoors, outdoors, in one location or a variety of locations
To ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
Education & Experience
High School Student
No related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR 'C'
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable City of Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Programming skills in crafts, sports, games, creative play, stories and music
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments including aquatic