Summer - Beach Volleyball Support
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the monitoring and supervision of the Beach Volleyball Program participants. Duties include the set-up and takedown of equipment, assist with program evaluations, equipment rentals and other administrative tasks. May include assisting senior staff with the delivery of programs.
To ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable program experience.
Education & Experience
High School Graduate
Minimum of four (4) months but less than eight (8) months of related experience is required: Knowledge and ability to coach and supervise beach volleyball
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR 'C'
- Coaching Certification
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to operate and required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Technical skills for the appropriate program
- Ability to identify standards of safety in program and operational facilitation
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous demands