Summer Student - Counter Service Assistant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Provides customer service assistance in the provision of general information related to the delivery of a wide variety of City products and services, such as building and parking permits, parking tickets, by-law information, municipal taxes, marriage licenses, birth registrations, burial permits, property assessment and recreation program registration.
Education & Experience
Completion of grade 12 required.
A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience dealing with clients face to face is required.
Previous office experience is an definite asset.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Knowledge of City of Ottawa services would be an asset.
- Strong and accurate data entry/keyboard skills required.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to diffuse irate customer
- Attention to details, resourcefulness and problem solving
- Adeptness at using various software