Summer - Aquatic Lifeguard
- 14.011 - 15.166 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons using aquatic facilities. The Aquatics Lifeguard monitors the conduct of patrons, prevents accidents and responds to emergencies by administering the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the City of Ottawa and of certifying bodies.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of patrons in an aquatic environment.
Education & Experience
High School Student: Grade 10 minimum
No related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Advanced certification is required:
- Current National Lifeguard Pool Option
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Current Lifesaving Instructor,
- Current Standard First Aid
- Current CPR "C"
- Current AED Operator,
- Current Oxygen Therapy or LSS Airway Management
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training).
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Understanding the developmental and recreational needs of children.
- AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (legislated training required by 2010)
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Aquatic Instructional
- Lifeguarding and Lifesaving Skills
- Resuscitation and First Aid Skills
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills with the ability to manage simultaneous demands