Service Representative I (Shenkman Arts Centre)
- 12.066 - 12.683 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Recreation & Culture Service Representative I is responsible for providing support to the Recreation Facilities with programs such as day camps and swimming lessons. Is assigned responsibilities including cash handling, customer service, programme information/registration, program support and general administrative tasks.
This position works in the box office at Shenkman Arts Centre.
Education & Experience
Grade 10 minimum
Less than 3 months experience working with the public
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Must possess a valid Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR Rescuer 2 Certificate or equivalent.
AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
• French oral, reading required
• English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers, software applications and an ability to develop an understanding of corporate computerized registration booking software application required.
- General office and administrative procedures.
- Word processing skills.
- Develops a working knowledge of the Department's facilities and programmes in order to make appropriate referrals to other sites as required.