Supervisor, Box Office
- 16.724 - 19.716 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Supervise day to day activities in guest services. Ensure that theatre policies and procedures are maintained. Promote excellent customer service relations. Provides support in delivery of cash management, clerical/administrative support, technical duties, general supervision and quality service to our customers and clients. Monitor, train and provide guidance to Customer Service Attendant. Acts as first contact for problem resolution with patrons, tenants, maintenance staff and building security.
Education & Experience
Completion Of Grade 12
A minimum of 1 year experience customer service by phone and in person in a cultural setting (preferably Box Office).
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
First Aid/CPR/Smart ServeThe successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
• French oral, reading required
• English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Demonstrated expertise with computers and an ability to develop a comprehensive understanding and expertise with corporate software applications.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
- CLASS and Activenet software knowledge
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and judgment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Understanding of cash management and process systems