Job Inventory - Instructor, Aquafitness
- 19.219 - 28.067 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for teaching aqua fitness programming to participants in a safe and enjoyable manner while following the guidelines of the certifying agency, and in accordance with corporate and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 11 and current Certifications from a recognized certifying organization (or equivalent as deemed acceptable by management)
Minimum of six (6) months experience or equivalent apprenticeship.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current recognized aqua fitness certification (CALA, YM-YWCA, WaterART)
Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D)
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Corporate and Departmental policies, guidelines and directives
- City of Ottawa emergency response procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Able to handle the stress of an emergency situation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess the physical capability to perform the ongoing duties of the position, including ability to demonstrate all movement patterns and facilitate an active fitness class
- Understanding of and ability to communicate using verbal and non-verbal cues