- 57,016.96 - 66,713.92 annually
- City Of Ottawa
The Tree Worker is responsible for the performance of duties related to the maintenance, repair, pruning, removal and disease control for City of Ottawa trees and shrubs.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 plus successful completion of twenty (20) weeks of additional formal training in planting, maintenance, and removal of trees in the urban landscape.
Minimum of two (2) years' tree climbing and pruning experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Must complete the Ontario approved safety training for working in close proximity to power lines
- Must complete the Provincial license as an Exterminator in the following classes: Forestry, Landscape, Industrial Vegetation
- Must become certified with the International Society of Arboriculture, or be qualified by the Province of Ontario
- A valid Ontario unrestricted DZ class driver's license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- 0-8 Mobile Crane Operator Training
- First Aid and CPR
- Completion of mandatory courses organized by the corporation for equipment required to operate for assigned tasks
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Corporate tree policies, for protection, planting and maintenance
- ANSI Standards in relation to arboriculture practices
- Standards and regulations for working around energized conductors
- Ontario Traffic Manual, Book 7 for Temporary Conditions
- Chainsaw and arboricultural equipment maintenance
- Current arboricultural practices and systems for tree biology, care and diagnosis
- Rigging with ropes, slings, chains and cables
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Must possess the physical and technical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to drive/operate vehicles, equipment, machinery and attachments as outlined in the light, medium, heavy and special categories as listed in the attachment to the collective agreement, and as relevant to the functions being performed for this position
- Ability to complete field reports
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Be "on-call" outside normal working hours including nights, weekends and statutory holidays
- Work overtime as required and assigned
- Must be able to be transferred to other operating divisions as required for either short or long-term assignments to perform equivalent or related duties
- Work in all weather types to perform duties