Program Leader, Sports (Gymnastics Coach)
- 12.714 - 13.704 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Program Sport Leader is responsible for monitoring, supervising, and evaluating the direct involvement of site specific Sport Programs. Responsibilities include site coordination, supervision, direction of participants, cash handling, customer service, risk management procedures and general administrative tasks.
Education & Experience
Grade 10 minimum
Minimum one (1) year of experience in an administrative / cash handling role and working with the public.
Previous experience in leading recreation sporting activities, and providing direction to participants - specifically with gymnastics
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Must possess a valid Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR Rescuer 2 Certificate or equivalent
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Demonstrated confidence and experience is necessary in specific and o/or generalized sports as program requires
- Develops a working knowledge of the Department's facilities and programmes in order to make appropriate referrals to other sites as required.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, decision-making and judgement.
- Able to maintain records.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Positive and effective communication and customer service skills.
Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a wide diversity of people.
- Understanding of Corporate cash handing policies and procedures.
Able to work in an environment, which has multiple demands and changing priorities.