- 78,116.22 - 95,056.78 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for: reviewing, analyzing and optimizing the Plant's drinking water system* process operations that are of low to moderate complexity; preparing reports and documents (or components thereof) to meet Branch, regulatory and legislated requirements; and managing assigned projects.
*Drinking water systems include surface water treatment plants, groundwater well treatment systems, treated water reservoirs, elevated tanks and pumping systems.
Education & Experience
Four (4) year university degree in Engineering (Environmental, Chemical, Civil or Mechanical) or related discipline.
Five (5) years of experience in an industrial production environment, including experience in process design and/or operations and control.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
P. Eng. (or be able to obtain Professional Engineering status within 6 months of start date).
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Engineering theories, principles, concepts, methodologies and models
- Process control and monitoring methods and technologies
- Federal and provincial legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines pertaining to water treatment and quality
- Water treatment, pumping stations, and water storage facilities operations
- Preventive and corrective maintenance activities and programs
- Computerized process control systems
- MS Office Suite
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) and the integration of data information from SCADA Systems
- Project management techniques
- Applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Work independently, with minimal direction, and collaboratively with all staff as part of a team
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work, and to develop and manage multi-disciplinary assignments
- Able to deal effectively with conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines
- Able to read and review engineering/technical reports, documents and drawings
- Able to perform data analysis, formulate recommendations
- Possess computer literacy in applications such as MS Office Suite, and data management applications
- Possess effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Possess strong documentation, report writing and presentation skills