Food Service Attendant
- 22.550 - 26.385 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the preparation and/or serving of meals to residents, day centre clients, staff, and Meals-on-Wheels recipients, and for catering during special events; for the cleaning and maintenance of Food Services equipment and utensils; and for the disposal of waste, with an emphasis on resident safety and engagement. Work is performed in accordance with Public Health regulations, Ministry of Long Term Care Act, 2007 and Food Premises Act.
Education & Experience
Completion of a 1 year Food Service Worker program.
A minimum of six (6) month's experience in institution health care food service.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Must successfully complete the City of Ottawa Public Health Food Handler's course within the time prescribed by management.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing
Must have own transportation for Carleton Lodge
- Knowledge of the Canada Food Guide, Ontario Public Health Act (Health Protection and Promotion Act: Food Premises), Ministry of Health Long Term Care Act 2007, Food Premises and the "Sanitation Code" for Canada's Food Industry.
- WHMIS guidelines
- Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point guidelines (HACCP)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Take direction, learn procedures, and perform routine duties
- Lift safely and use aides where possible
- Work under deadline pressures
- Organize work
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull over 30 lbs