Job Inventory - Instructor, Aquafitness
- 27.197 - 36.444 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for teaching aqua fitness programming to participants in a safe and enjoyable manner while following the guidelines of the certifying agency, and in accordance with corporate and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 11 and current Certifications from a recognized certifying organization (or equivalent as deemed acceptable by management).
Minimum of six (6) months experience or equivalent apprenticeship.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current recognized aqua fitness certification (CALA, Y, WaterART)
Current National Lifeguard Service Pool option
Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
Current Oxygen Therapy or LSS Airway Management
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Corporate and Departmental policies, guidelines and directives.
- City of Ottawa emergency response procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Able to handle the stress of an emergency situation
- Excellent public relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills