Job Inventory - Instructor, Intermediate Arts
- 18.502 - 27.019 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Intermediate Arts Instructor is responsible for teaching and evaluating creative children's introductory to intermediate instructional programs in theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years enrollment in university/college in Fine Arts, Art History
- Education in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, or multi-media arts or equivalent years of arts experience
- Minimum 3 years experience practicing and/or teaching in a related arts discipline.
- Completion of health and safety training required by legislation and by the Corporation of Ottawa
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Previous experience working with all ages in an arts instructional setting.
- Excellent knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of general registration and visitor procedures.
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and of corporate/ departmental policies and procedures related to heath and safety.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to convey enthusiasm and creative energies about related discipline.
- Sensitive to the needs of various age groups and their learning abilities.
- Creative program development. Ability to work well with others.