Job Inventory - Counsellor, Special Needs
- 13.716 - 14.777 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for assisting with all functions relating to the delivery of a Therapeutic Recreation / Life skills day program.
Education & Experience
College diploma in related field or equivalent experience with Special Needs clients.
Minimum range of years: 1 to 3 years
Type: Adults with Disabilities
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Current CPI Certification
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Comfort level and expertise with different disability groups (physical, developmental, etc).
- Legislation protecting rights of special needs clients, populations
- Client care
- Health and Safety legislation, policies, procedures
- City of Ottawa and Parks & Recreation Branch Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- CPI certification
- Trained in lifts and transfers
- Training in medical client care
- Ability to lead small groups