Job Inventory - Program Leader, Arts
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Under the direction of the Instructor, the Arts Assistant helps children and Instructor with projects and materials. Assists Instructor with the supervision of children.
Education & Experience
Minimum enrollment in high school participating in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts or related field.
Minimum 1 year experience practicing and/or teaching in a related discipline.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing.
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Previous experience working with children in an arts instructional setting.
- Knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and of corporate/ departmental policies and procedures related to heath and safety.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and listening skills.
- Ability to work well with other.