Job Inventory - Customer Service Representative II (Museums)
- City Of Ottawa
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing support to the Recreation Facility(s) or programs assigned in functional areas of cash management, clerical/administrative support, technical duties, programme registration and information, program support, general supervision, and quality service to our customers.
Education & Experience
Grade 11 minimum
1 year of experience in an administrative role and working with the public
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Must possess a valid Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR Rescuer 2 Certificate or equivalent.
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Some positions: Designated - specific level of language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing;
English oral, reading, writing.
Some positions: English only - English oral, reading, writing
- Demonstrated expertise with computers and an ability to develop a comprehensive understanding and expertise with corporate software applications required (Word, Excel, Presentations, Class, Electronic Cash Management Systems, Microsoft Outlook)
- Office and administrative procedures
- Word processing skills.
- Highly developed and effective communication and customer service skills.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and judgement.
- Able to format documents in various software programs.
- Set up and maintain records and information management systems, hard copy and electronic.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a wide diversity of people.
- Understanding of cash management and process systems.
- Problem- solving skills
- Able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Able to perform physical work
- Flexible and able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends